Ellis family defense
The family of Aneurin and Patricia Ellis have struggled for years to save
their children from the Children's Aid Society of Waterloo. Here is the
outline of their story. Follow the links for more details.
- May 13, 2005
- Police surround their home.
- June 8, 2005
- Aneurin appeals to the Prime Minister.
- August 2, 2005
- Junior Justice Fighters at Queens Park.
- August 6, 2005
- Patricia is denied membership on account of litigation.
- August 21, 2005
- CAS tries to get Aneruin jailed.
- September 7, 2005
- Aneurin files a defense, the court finds contempt.
- September 30, 2005
- Ellis retracts his criticism.
- October 12, 2005
- Court accepts apology.
- November 19, 2005
- Ellis family requests a hearing with Minister Chambers.
- December 19, 2005
- Aneurin Ellis testifies before the provincial parliament.
- July 16, 2006
- CAS tries to jail Ellis for his testimony.
- August 31, 2006
- Judge rules against jail for Ellis.