AGREEMENT MADE IN MEDIATION
- Zabeth Bayne
- Paul Bayne
- redacted to DK
- redacted to IK
- redacted to LH
- redacted to BG
- The parties have partially resolved a dispute under Section 22 of the Child, Family and Community Service Act (the "Act") about the child(ren):
Bethany Bayne DOB August 3, 2007
Kent Bayne DOB Oct 18, 2004
Baden Bayne DOB June 12, 2005
- The social worker is a delegate of the Director of Child, Family and Community Services.
- The parties wish to put the terms of their agreement into writing.
THEREFORE THE PARTIES AGREE THAT:
- The parties are agreed that the first day of trial set for May 23, 2008 should be adjourned due to the need, among other things, to further develop the medical evidence. The parties agree to instruct their respective counsel to confer on May 29 or 30. 2008 concerning the likelihood of being able to proceed on the next date being August 1, 2008 or whether new dates should be set.
- The parties agree that Kent and Baden should be returned to Zabeth and Paul under a Supervision Order with the following terms:
a. That Paul and Zabeth:
- will allow direct and private access to Kent and Baden, immediately upon request of the Social Worker on behalf of the Director. Should concerns arise from the private and direct access a meeting will be convened with the Social Worker upon the request of either parent;
- will inform the Social Worker on behalf of the Director of any non-emergency professional appointments concerning Kent and Baden prior to the appointment or as a reasonably soon thereafter as possible. In the case of emergency medical care, they agree to inform the Social Worker on behalf of the Director as soon as reasonably possible after that care;
- agree to inform the Social Worker on behalf of the Director of any change in their residence;
- failure to comply with any of these conditions may involve more intrusive measures including removal of the children.
- The Social Worker on behalf of the Director agrees to speak to Bill, who is responsible for transport, to review the transportation safety guidelines for Bethany and further the Social Worker on behalf of the Director agrees to receive and review the comments of the parents on these same issues.
- The Social Worker on behalf of the Director agrees to instruct the foster parent, Tracy, to exchange a communication book summarizing daily significant events concerning Bethany, with Zabeth, and Zabeth also agrees to obtain the book and to make entries and exchange that communication book with Tracy.
- The parties are agreed that with reference to the Agreement Made in Mediation dated March 7, 2008 that:
- term 6 (b) is no longer necessary or applicable;
- the word "Bethany" should replace the word "children" in paragraph 7;
- paragraph 8 is completed.
- The Social Worker on behalf of the Director agrees to consider and report by May 30,2008, upon the request of Zabeth and Paul to have a day long visit Sunday or Tuesday at the Grandparent's home, from 10:00 am. to 6:00 pm.
- The parties agree to meet again in mediation on July 16, 2008 at 11 am in Chilliwack.
- This document contains the whole agreement made between the parties.
- Each party has received independent legal advice or has had the opportunity to receive independent advice.
- This agreement ■ will □ will not be filed with the court.
Dated: May 16, 2008 at Chilliwack, British Columbia.
redacted to DK
redacted to IK
redacted to LH
redacted to BG
back to article