Press one of the expand buttons to see the full text of an article. Later press collapse to revert to the original form. The buttons below expand or collapse all articles.
November 6, 2011 permalink
As a public service, fixcas reminds all children's aid workers in Ontario to renew your registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers. (We know you read this site when the boss is not looking). The renewal period started on November 1. If you have never registered at all, this is your chance to bring yourself into compliance with the laws of Ontario. Follow the easy instructions in the expand block.
It’s Time to Renew Your Membership!
Annual renewal of registration for 2012 starts today! This year, why not try our quick and easy online renewal option?
Benefits of renewing online:
- It’s fast and easy – with the click of a few buttons your renewal is complete
- It’s safe – the College uses a secure portal to keep your information safe
- Save a tree! - The College’s goal is to decrease printing and paper waste. You can assist by renewing online
Follow these ten steps for quick and easy online renewals:
- To begin, navigate to the College website at: www.ocswssw.org
- Click on the pink “Membership Renewal 2012: Log in in to my profile” button on the right-hand side of your screen;
- Read the Terms and Conditions and proceed to the login page;
Please Note: In order to login, you will need your User ID (your OCSWSSW registration number) and your password. If you have forgotten your password, it may be retrieved by clicking on the “Forgot Your Password” link on the login page. Enter the email address you have provided to the College and an email retaining your password information will be sent to your inbox.
- Once you have successfully logged in, go to My Profile to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date;
- You may then click on the “ Renewal Fee Payment” on the left-hand side of your screen;
- You will be directed to the “Release of Information from the Register for Research Purposes” screen, where you must indicate whether or not you consent to the release of information for research purposes, then click Continue button;
- You must then complete your Declaration of Participation in the 2011 Continuing Competence Program. To continue to the next step, click the Continue
- You must then complete the Declaration of Professional Conduct. To continue to the next step, click the Continue button;
- You must then complete the Declaration of Compliance. Upon completion, click the I Agree button;
- You will then be redirected to the Payment Method Selection and Confirmation page to complete the renewal process. Please choose your payment method, and click the Proceed button to complete the transaction.
If you choose to renew your membership online but do not wish to pay online, you may fill out the required information online and forward your payment by cheque or money order directly to the College.
If you have any questions about the online renewal process, call the College at 416-972-9882 or 1-877-828-9380. Please have your registration number ready when you call. As there is a large volume of inquiries during the renewal period, your call or e-mail will be returned within two business days or as time allows.
Ready to renew online? Click here to log in.
Source: Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers