Press one of the expand buttons to see the full text of an article. Later press collapse to revert to the original form. The buttons below expand or collapse all articles.
November 20, 2011 permalink
Muskoka CAS is buying 14 cars. Chad Wells comments that in a recent case Muskoka CAS found cuts, scrapes and bruises on a child but took no photographs. A report from the local police and the the family doctor contradicts what FYCSM claim to have seen. The bruises are merely reported by social workers, or imagined by social workers. How ironic that an agency that cannot use a camera can afford to purchase cars by the dozen.
Request for Proposals
Please be advised that Family, Youth and Child Services of Muskoka is requesting proposals for the sale or lease of thirteen (13) or fourteen (14) vehicles as follows:
- Four or Five passenger vehicle
- Fuel efficient
- Automatic transmission
- Cruise control
- Air conditioning
- Remote entry
- Floor mats
- ABS brakes
- Air Bags/curtains
- Tinted glass (if a standard option)
- Three child seat anchors
- Roadside assistance
Dealer Requirements (lease and purchase option)
- One set of snow tires for each vehicle
- Dealer to provide pick-up and delivery of vehicles for servicing and tire changing as required from Bracebridge office.
- Three sets of keys per vehicle
Dealer Requirements (lease option)
- Regular service and maintenance included in lease cost
- Seasonal tire changes included in lease cost
- 25,000 km per year allowance
- Annual interior cleaning included in lease cost
- 4 year lease pricing to be provided separately
- Outright purchase pricing to be provided separately
- Purchase pricing with 4 year financing option to be provided separately
Delivery to be completed no later than January 1, 2012.
- Please provide proposals to Kathy Davis, Director of Administration, no later than 2:00 pm November 30, 2011.
- Questions can be forwarded to Kathy Davis at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposals must include vehicle specifications, financing requirements as listed above, delivery information.
Bids will be evaluated based on:
Fuel efficiency ratings
Greenhouse gas emission ratings
Dealer service history (references accepted)
Roadside assistance plan
Suitability to handle tasks to be performed
- It is the policy of FYCSM to select vehicles of a minimum size and engine capacity, which will appropriately handle tasks to be performed, and enable effective and efficient program delivery.
- It is the policy of FYCSM to support government of Ontario initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- It is the policy of FYCSM to purchase vehicles equipped with standard manufacturer option packages that optimize life-cycle costs, purchase price, and subsequent resale value of the vehicles. Options or packages that are for comfort or convenience only must not be ordered on society fleet vehicles.
- It is the policy of FYCSM to complete a lifecycle evaluation prior to the acquisition of any new or additional fleet vehicles. Lifecycle evaluation should include capital cost, fuel costs, and the cost of greenhouse gas emissions.
- The lowest price Proposal or any Proposal will not necessarily be accepted. FYCSM shall not be obliged to provide reasons for the rejection of any Proposal.
- By inviting a proposal, FYCSM makes no commitment or obligation to the respondents in any way, specifically no obligation to enter into any contract as a result of this RFP. In particular, FYCSM shall in no event be responsible for any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal in response to this RFP.
Source: Family Youth and Child Services of Muskoka