Press one of the expand buttons to see the full text of an article. Later press collapse to revert to the original form. The buttons below expand or collapse all articles.
From Bad to Worse
January 28, 2011 permalink
When child protectors found a girl being sexually abused by her stepdad they removed her to a group home, and soon to another. According to a lawsuit filed by her real father, in her new homes she was gang-raped by a total of five boys. The French version of the story describes the perversity of the acts.
Dad sues agency after girl allegedly gang raped
MONTREAL – A child-protection agency near Montreal faces a $408,000 lawsuit amid allegations that a 10-year-old girl was repeatedly raped by five boys aged 10-12 while under its care.
The lawsuit, filed by the girl’s father, says young assailants performed numerous sex acts on the girl inside a school bus and at a group home. The man is seeking damages and accusing child-welfare officials at the Centre jeunesse de la Monteregie of failing to protect the girl.
The child’s ordeal was painstakingly recounted in the lawsuit, filed last week in Longueuil, a suburb of Montreal.
The suit says the girl, nicknamed Amanda (fictitious name), moved to the group home, L'Amaryllis, in 2008 just after her 10th birthday. She had been placed in the home after she was molested by her step-father.
The girl expressed concerns at the time that she could be molested again, said the suit. Not long afterward, she was sexually assaulted at night “on several occasions” by two boys, aged 10 and 12.
The court documents allege that Amanda told her mother about the assaults and that the woman notified agency officials, but that “nothing was done to deal with (the) abuse.”
The girl began to show behavioural problems and ran away several times, leading officials to move her to another group home.
It was at the second home that she was abused again, the lawsuit alleges. Three boys, between the ages of 11 and 12, would corner her inside a school bus on the way to class and force her to submit to various sex acts.
The suit says years of abuse had rendered her unable to defend herself against the sexual assaults.
The regional youth-protection agency says all children have since been removed from L’Amaryllis group home and another centre belonging to the same owner.
The lawsuit's allegations have not been proven in court.
Source: Toronto Sun