Press one of the expand buttons to see the full text of an article. Later press collapse to revert to the original form. The buttons below expand or collapse all articles.
May 22, 2010 permalink
About a dozen people participated in a rally yesterday outside Sudbury Children's Aid. Construction slowed traffic, allowing for easy distribution of leaflets (expand below). Two hours into the rally, policeman R Norman, possibly acting on complaints from children's aid, showed up to talk to rally organizer Neil Haskett. The discussion was friendly and there were no arrests. After the rally Neil and Tabatha Haskett invited participants to coffee in their home. We have a set of rally photographs.
- We want Government Oversight over Children’s Aid Societies to protect kids in dangerous foster care situations and innocent families. Criminal investigations will show Sudbury workers have committed criminal acts.
- The Canadian Government’s Child Abuse & Neglect statistics supplied by CAS’s state most parents who become involved with Children’s Aid are 100% innocent. They are not substance or child abusers; they did not make poor parental decisions and never required involvement of any kind.
- Ontario courts and enquiries have proven children are taken from innocent parents and some put up for adoption. The total number is unknown until the Ontario Government is pressured to begin criminal investigations.
- The CAS and the Ministries CFSRB only review process will not consider:
- Matters currently before the courts or the courts have already decided.
- Matters that fall under other decision making processes under the Child and Family Services Act or the Labour Relations Act. (Every single case!!)
- According to one researcher at the RCMP Missing Children’s Services children taken away from innocent parents suffer the same effect of abduction. Most professionals agree abduction is emotional abuse.
- The Ontario Child Advocate has concerns about the high death rate among children while in CAS care.
- Sudbury’s CAS current Job Bank postings show certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc from accreditation bodies are not required. Why? Workers began using “Child Protection Worker” and not accreditation such as “Registered Social Worker” for example preventing accountability by the College of Social Workers under the SWSSW act among others.
- All 53 Children’s Aid Societies are self regulated, non-governmental organisations that should only receive more funding with oversight. This will save tax payers billions. It’s your money and you need to know where it’s going.
- The Ontario Auditor General’s 2008 audit of 4 CAS’s showed 4 out of 4 Children Aid Societies were mismanaging our money with personal memberships, trips, SUV’s and more.
- Begin asking questions to protect yourself and other parents. Please contact our MPP’s Rick Bartolucci 675-1914 & France Gélinas 969-3621 and ask they support accountability over Ontario’s CAS’s.
- If you have any questions please contact: bill88.ca. Thank you for your time and we hope you enjoy the long weekend.
Source: rally handout