Press one of the expand buttons to see the full text of an article. Later press collapse to revert to the original form. The buttons below expand or collapse all articles.



Double Foster Death

March 6, 2010 permalink

Teenaged foster girls Martha Jackson Hernandez and Kayla LaLonde were close friends — the Facebook photo in the enclosed story shows just how close. Last Monday, they attended the same party near Vancouver British Columbia where they are suspected of sharing the same drug, MDMA, better known as ecstasy. On Tuesday they both died.

Death may be from the effects of the drug, or from contamination. Drug dealers cannot report thefts to the police. One way they can control theft is my mixing a poison into some of their inventory, and marking the items with a coding system. Paying customers get only good drugs, thieves, unaware of the coding system, get the death penalty. A theft anywhere in the supply chain can account for the deaths of the foster girls.



Text messages went unanswered from two teen girls found dead

Friend of one of two girls who died ‘knew something was wrong’ after getting no response

Martha Jackson Hernandez (left) and Kayla LaLonde
Kayla LaLonde, 16, and Martha Jackson Hernandez, 17, have been identified by friends on Facebook as the teen girls who were together hours before each was found dead Tuesday.
Photograph by: ..., Facebook

METRO VANCOUVER -- Kayla LaLonde had promised her girlfriend Allie Detina that she would be home in time for her 10 p.m. curfew Monday night.

LaLonde, 16, had often been late returning back to her Vancouver foster home, but in recent days had been consistently on time, even early.

“She was doing so well,” Detina, also 16, said Thursday. “She promised me she’d go home for curfew, and she kept her promises.”

Detina did not hear from LaLonde again after 6 p.m. Monday. At 12:40 a.m. Tuesday, passersby found her collapsed on the road in the 4000-block of Rumble Street in Burnaby. She was taken to hospital where she died shortly after. Detina thought she might have got lost on the way home.

LaLonde’s 17-year-old friend Martha Jackson Hernandez, with whom she had been earlier, died hours later in Richmond, following a 911 call about a youth in distress.

Witnesses reported seeing the two hanging out together in Richmond on Monday and friends believe they separated that night when LaLonde decided to go home.

Both the Burnaby and Richmond RCMP detachments were in the early stages of investigations, but drugs and alcohol may have been contributing factors in the girls’ deaths, said Burnaby RCMP media relations officer Cpl. Brenda Gresiuk.

“I knew something was wrong, because she wasn’t answering my text messages or calling me back,” Detina said. “I just felt something was wrong. I knew it.”

LaLonde and Hernandez were known to drink and occasionally use drugs, but not in large quantities, according to multiple friends.

“I’m positive alcohol was a factor,” Tori Delorme said. “The only reason they would go out [to Richmond] is to drink. But they were pretty good when they drank; they never got out of hand. I don’t know whether or not they were on drugs that night.”

Not all friends and family members believed the girls died of drug overdoses.

“Martha drank but she’s never done drugs,” said friend Giselle Sutherland. “She was afraid she’d get addicted. If she did [do drugs], that would be her first time.”

“I don’t think it was an overdose,” Delorme said. “I think something else went on.”

“It’s more likely a case of bad drugs,” said LaLonde’s uncle Hank Bee, who said it was unlike the girls to ingest large quantities of drugs.

Toxicology results were expected in about two weeks.

A group of people gathered Thursday at the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society in east Vancouver to console each other and share memories.

More people still, including LaLonde’s girlfriend Detina, gathered at the spot in Burnaby where LaLonde was found, to drop off flowers and pay their respects.

“I feel really broken inside and lost and upset,” said a choked-up Detina. “She’s my angel.”

A Facebook memorial page was flooded with messages from friends, family and even people who didn’t know then girls.

“Celebrate the lives of these two young girls & all of your cherished memories together,” wrote Stephanie Brianne Rodriguez. “Do not be sad that you have lost them, but be so thankful that you were fortunate enough to have had them.”

Delorme said she hopes people don’t judge LaLonde and Hernandez based on early media reports.

“I don’t want people to think they were bad people,” she said. “They weren’t druggies or alcoholics.”

Bee said he hopes the incident doesn’t cast the aboriginal community in a bad light.

“People are going to say, ‘Oh, those native kids,’” Bee said. “They were young and smart and usually tried to stay out of trouble. Sometimes things don’t work out the way you want them to.”

There were 90 teenage overdose deaths involving drugs or alcohol in B.C. from January 1997 to September 2008, according to a report by the B.C. Coroners Service.

Of those 90, 55 involved illicit drugs, 23 non-prescription drugs, six alcohol, four prescription drugs and two a combination of alcohol and drugs.

Source: Vancouver Sun