Press one of the expand buttons to see the full text of an article. Later press collapse to revert to the original form. The buttons below expand or collapse all articles.



Alberta Kills Another Boy

October 27, 2007 permalink

A Calgary couple had a squabble last month and social services seized their baby for his protection. On October 24 the boy died in their "care".

If you don't believe the story that the death was an accident there is no way for you to check. Alberta social services have bullied all elements of the press, even the CBC, into concealing the names in dead child cases. Even the mother does not know the truth.



Mom blasts province over tot's death

Just weeks away from giving birth, a grieving Calgary mom is demanding answers about the death of her 18-month-old son in a foster care home this week.

Crying uncontrollably, the boy's mother, 22, said she's in shock about the death of her blond-haired, blue-eyed son at a foster home in the Hamptons on Wednesday.

"I want to know how exactly he died," she said between sobs. The toddler was apprehended from his mother's home and placed in foster care just under a month ago after a physical confrontation between her and the child's father, she said.

The young mom is questioning the safety and care provided by the boy's foster parents, and said she plans to sue them as well as the provincial department responsible for foster care, Children's Services.

"It's ridiculous that you open foster homes and the child dies," she said.

Cops have deemed the death accidental.

Police were called to the Hamptons residence after paramedics arrived to find the boy not breathing and in cardiac arrest about 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Along with a police escort, an ambulance rushed the boy to Alberta Children's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The initial police investigation indicated he was found not breathing in the basement of the home by his foster mother.

They have determined the death was an accident, but released no further details on the incident.

His mom said the boy's father was scheduled to spend time with him the day he died, but Children's Services cancelled the visit due to a lack of staff to supervise.

She last saw her son Tuesday during a supervised visit, which they spent playing with toy trucks and snuggling.

"He had three weeks until he would see his sister," she said in reference to her unborn daughter.

The grieving mom described her little boy as a delight who lit up a room with his beaming smile.

"He was a joy to everybody's life," she said.

Calgary and Area Child and Family Services Authority has placed the other foster children at the Hamptons home in alternative care while an internal investigation into the tot's death is conducted, said spokeswoman Dawn Delaney.

An autopsy was conducted yesterday.

Source: Calgary Sun